النتائج 1 إلى 5 من 11

الموضوع: Yes Or No..??

الله يرحمك ماما .. أحبك

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jan 2007
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Tongue Yes Or No..??

Reading about cutlers is very interesting thing to me :24ar: . I alwayse find something I like but many things are very strange and I cant believe that its true . Specially Indian costumes they have many strange believes . sometimes very funny . here I will write some strange thing about YES and NO .it’s about Americans experience while they went to some countries to teach English

N Micronesia
    On the first day ,Lisa thought people were ignoring her request . The day was hot , and she needed a could drink. After she went to a store and asked ‘ Do you have cold drink ?’ . The women there didn’t answer her . she didn’t say anything .Lisa rephrased the question . Still the women said nothing . Lisa gave up and leave the store. Later she learned that the women had answered her but she didn’t know. Because the women raised her eyebrows :5ar:, and raising eyebrows means in Micronesia ‘YES’’. im3

N Bulgaria
    The word ‘No’ reminded Jan of an experience . she had gone to restaurant that was non for its stuffed cabbage. She asked the waiter ‘’Do you have stuffed cabbage today??’’. He nodded his head .Jan was witting but the cabbage never come im22 . N that country . a nod means ‘’NO’’.

N India

Tom had a similar problem when he arrived there. When he was teatching . and after explaining something in class , he asked his student if they understood. They responded with many deferent nods and shakes of the head << im22 . So he assumed some people had not understood, So he rephrase again .When he asked again if they understood they did a same thing . He soon found out that his student did understand . In India people , people nod and shake their heads in different ways depending on where they come from . You have to know where a person is from to understand if he say ‘’YES’’ or ‘’NO’’.

I think living in a foreign culture can be exciting . But it can also be confusing . and maybe you will get in trouble . Even over some thing simple as ‘YES’ and ‘NO

Have you ever had a somilar communication problem?

:24ar:i hope you enjoy reading my sub
    :19ar:written by :Swee-G!Rl

مشرف سابق

تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2009
    الدولة
    يقولٍ ـآنيٍُ بقـلبه ...!
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

افتراضي رد: Yes Or No..??

Yes happened to me a lot

my question is
    do you like ice cream

][ عــضــو الـتـمـيـز ][

تاريخ التسجيل
    Aug 2007
    الدولة
    بالزين
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

l

sure,i like it very much

my question

Do You Like Waffles:*

Sweet:25ar:

الله يرحمك ماما .. أحبك

تاريخ التسجيل
    Jan 2007
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

?
    ladyz
    first of all thx for passing

In fact it was'nt a game .
    i mean to read my sub and answer my question only..
    but its not a problem we will leave it to play im3

... V I P...

تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2005
    الدولة
    Australia :)
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

hehehe

Indian nods
    it's very funny